Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Single, Successful & Country Bound!!

Howdy,

So over the past three months I have been doing major research of small country towns commutable to NYC, because there comes a time in a persons life (Not every person) where they ask themselves, Where will I make my Home?... Is this my home anymore? I realized though NYC has been my home for 22 years its time to walk away, the city streets I’ve come to know as paths I take in life, have become worn out roads I no longer wish to follow (Did I just make some poetry?) Anyhow this huge city of dreams and lights, has become a small town to me. The only thing that holds dear to me here are my family who has lived here since the 50’s, my friendships and ofcourse my upbringing, I am the definition of a New Yorker and I’m so proud! Throughout my life NYC (aka; Concrete Jungle) has given me amazing experiences that have contributed to the personality of me. With that this will be my last year living in this great city, as I will attempt to indulge in country living, while pursuing my new found career “writing". MMM.. I can just smell the apple crisp! 

You may be asking, why would a single, successful woman choose the country?

Well, to put it simply, I am writing a book (because as we know I want to become a writer) and I’m finding it hard to write in the city (crazy, I know). I cannot find enough peace and quiet, which has lead to serious writers block, theres just too much going on around me (Hence the name “City that never sleeps”). There seems to be no longer a balance, and so instead of becoming the "angry New Yorker" I’m going to just take myself out of this noisy/busy equation and escape. With this choice, I find moments of fear, which lead me to do deep research seeking information such as amount of crime, best schools and single life. Yes, single life because I am single and seeking a devoted spouse (well I wouldnt say seeking, haven’t been on a date in months, whole other story) Anyway, I'm seeking a better way of life, fresher air, nature, better schools and the reason I’m totally sold on moving WAL-MART SUPER STORE!! Need I really say more lets not leave out dozens of outlets at my fingertips (Including the Fabulous Coco Chanel which does not give you pricing over the phone even though it’s an outlet). 

Get my point? Hopefully, you do. They say the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, well the grass is greener on the other side of highway I-95 and i’m packing my bags cause i’m ready to mow the lawn and sip on some Lemonade!

Wish me luck! Any advice is welcome as we continue..."Journey’s of a Struggling Writer”.

Xoxo
Jules
Peace, Love and Square Dancing!





No comments:

Post a Comment